Shopping for baby gear is overwhelming! When Matt and I went shopping for baby stuff to prepare for Thomas, we walked into one of those big box baby gear stores and totally freaked out at the warehouse style stock of baby stuff and walked right out!
So if you are finding yourself in a similar totally overwhelmed place, don’t fret mama. We got this. I’m here to help!
Let me talk you through my favorite baby items which are absolute musts. These items will grow with baby for years and years to come so no need to keep upgrading your gear.
These 5 are my top MUSTS. This will totally get you ready from bringing home your baby bumble bee!
- Stokke Steps Highchair – Stokke is one of my absolute favorite baby gear brands. The quality is superb and their design is unmatched I have a love affair with this brand! While this is a luxury brand and some of their baby gear might break the bank, the Stokke Steps is totally worth it. This is a high chair which begins at the infant stage and goes all the way through the tween years! The infant seat can be removed from the chair to be used as a bouncer which will save you money on buying a separate bouncer. You win!
- Britax Affinity Stroller- This fab stroller can be customized to fit your fashionable needs. There are 3 frame colors and 6 color packs to choose from. The seat can be both forward and rear facing with a nice cozy recline. See my full review of this stroller. The New York Mom Britax Affinity Stroller
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base – This infant car seat takes your baby from 4 – 30 pounds. It has energy absorbing foam and is very easily spot cleaned for sprucing up. It’s also incredibly easy to install.It’s compatible with the Britax Affinity Stroller.
- HENSVIK crib from IKEA – This is an amazing crib for $99. It is formaldehyde free, sturdy and i love the simple design. This crib also converts to a toddler bed. In the world of over priced baby gear this is a HUGE value for $99.
- Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier – I love this ergonomic baby carrier for toting your little one around. Those first few months, Thomas practically lived in this carrier. It’s great for promoting skin to skin and baby wearing. I love the softness of this carrier and just the overall organic comfort in which Thomas settles into it.
I hope this helps! I could talk about baby gear all day! Do let me know if you need any additional tips or suggestions for baby gear! And CONGRATS!!