Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing papa’s out there. The kids and I are so blessed… incredibly blessed to have Matt be the papa bear in this big den. His patience, kindness, love, humor, cooking and sense of adventure are always inspiring all of us to be better and do more while also making us feel absolutely comfortable in our flaws.
We started with coffee in bed.. breakfast was a whole ordeal that could not be had in bed. The kids had picked out a handful of personal gifts and cards for Matt and even Jonah came over with sweet kisses.
Our plans were to head to Manhattan for a walk in the park and grab some grub. So we decided to go to church in NYC to hear one of Matt’s colleagues preach. After that we walked the two blocks over to Central Park to walk through the Central Park Zoo.
It ended up being a really hot day in New York and the kids were too hot and exhausted for more park time. The original plan included a day with the boats and a picnic but the heat was too much!
So we headed downtown to Curry Hill for some Indian Food. More on this later, because I am pretty sure I found the MOST AMAZINg indian food in curry hill!
The kids take after their dad. They both have Matt’s relaxed, thoughtful nature. They both have an interest in cooking and crafting decadent meals. Lily loves creating cheese platters and baking. And I am just happy that i get to enjoy all the home cooked feasts!
We love this sweet little life of ours. While today was certainly a day that celebrated Dad’s we are thankful for Matt every single day.
If I could roam the world and eat all day… I would! Maybe one day when these dragons are grown and fly the nest, I’ll travel and eat and eat and travel! You with me!
Best part about living in New York… there are many best parts… but one of the best parts is the food. Oh. My. Goodness. – there is no shortage of amazing food to be found in ever single price range.
Moving up here to Westchester – Suburbs of NYC – has not slowed us down in our foodie adventures. Some of the best restaurants are housed up here. Jean Georges, Blue Hill Stone Barnes, so many!
Recently Matt and I dined at O Mandarin in Hartsdale. This is a new Chinese, Sichuan restaurant inspired by, mentored by, somewhat related to the famed cult-following, elusive chef Peter Chang. If you don’t know Peter Chang, please take a second to read about him. He has a following like none other and in his early days, he had to change his name just to keep hidden from fans for certain reasons. Long story… look it up!
We are BIG BIG fans and love that there is something remotely affiliated with him up here in the burbs!
The chef at O Mandarin is Eric Gao, who is a protégé of Peter Chang. This wasn’t a media invite so I am only writing from my pure “fan girl’ point of view.
Any place with soup dumplings is just calling my name! Matt and I met for a quick lunch date and cozied up in a dimly lit booth for our meal. We loved the food we had but didn’t experiment much. I can’t wait to go back for the Peking duck meal and the whole fish meal. We had the Yu Xiang Pork – Bamboo | Celery | Bell Pepper | Mushroom and the Shredded Pork in Sweet Bean Sauce – Cucumber | Scallion | Steamed Buns. The food was fresh, and very very authentic. Each dish had its own flavor profile that we just indulged in.
I can’t wait to head back for a full meal!
I forgot to tell you about the best part . O Mandarin is located at – 361 N. Central Avenue, Hartsdale – in the same shopping plaza as my other fave – H-MART!! all the goods in one place.
I would love to know if you go… report back!
Father’s Day is right around the corner and I want to share some of my favorite finds for Dad’s. For the Papa on the go, the jetsetter, the cook, and all around dapper gent, these gifts are sure to be classic staples for any man.
- Harry’s Men’s Grooming – Harrys is the latest kid on the block in men’s grooming and you can find this very affordable line anywhere from Target to Barneys NY. These high quality blades and creams are just simple with a clean design esthetic. Matt’s been using this brand for months ( since they launched) and he approves!
- Jack Spade Mens Travel Backpack is an easy carry-on bucket bag backpack that can hold a laptop and all the essentials. It has a top handle or can be worn as a backpack. We love this brand and the kids and I have gifted Matt several pieces from the mens collection. Highly recommend Jack Spade for simple, classic, sleek mens bags.
- Beats by Dr Dre Men’s Tech Accessory is the perfect gift for dad’s who travel a lot. These headphones drown out the noise so you can just wear them without any music piping in for a relaxing trip on the airplane. The sound quality, when you are playing music, is pretty amazing. I also like that these are wireless and the leather padded headband is very comfortable.
- Skagen Slim Mens Watch is a must for dads. Whether it’s a business trip across the world or a weekend at the playground with the littles, this watch looks sharp and put together no matter what the occasion.
- Burberry Cuff Link is a classic staple that dresses up any suit. I always think that cufflinks are a great gift, especially when you splurge just a bit. These are a pretty significant accessory for menswear and if you gift a fancy one like these from Burberry, it’s a staple piece!
- Top Chef Masterchef 15 piece Cutlery Set – I don’t know about you, but my husband loves to cook. He loves creating flavors and slicing the fresh veggies, meats and herbs just right. This 15 piece knife set is perfect for your Top Chef!