As we unpack and settle into this house, one thing in on the very forefront of my mind.
Baby proofing. I guess Thomas is not technically a ‘ baby’ anymore… don’t read this Thomas, you will always be my baby! Anyway, we have to baby proof this house.
Last night, when the house seemed particularly quiet for too long, I found my, 2-year-old, Thomas giving his cars a bath in the toilet. Or how about the time he was trying to stick one of his choo-choos into the light socket because the battery had run out.
The brand new house is one big adventure zone for this little 2-year-old of mine and as I mentioned earlier, baby proofing is at the top of my to-do list.
5 Immediate Tips for Baby Proofing Your Home.
- Always cover up the electrical outlets. Kids will find any reason to stick things into these tiny slots and most electrical outlets are exactly at eye level. What is out of sight for us, is irresistible for them.
- Batten down the commode commodore! Our plumber is on speed dial due to the number of crayons, cars, choo choos and other U.F.O’s (unidentified flushed objects) flushed down.
- Secure your kitchen and bathrooms cabinets. Often time’s bathroom cabinets house our cleaners and things that are just not good for humans, especially baby humans, to ingest.
- Baby proof your doorknobs. Opening doors is a lot of fun. Closing doors and having your little one locked in on the other side is not fun.
- They might not be vibing with your already existing Pinterest-able home décor, but corner guards are helpful in preventing head bumps on table corners. At 30 inches tall, Thomas’ forehead has a nearly magnetic attraction for all things cornered.
Swing by ALPHAMOM for the full article!
This post is sponsored by Huggies and Costco and Alphamom. All opinions are my own. Thanks for swinging by and learning about my sponsors.