New York has been a sweltering sweat pond these past couple weeks and to top that off we have been moving for 2 weeks and to top that off I am 18 weeks pregnant!
So cooking has posed to be a challenge in many ways. Most homes in New York don’t have central air conditioning, we have window units mainly in the bedrooms and family rooms. You can imagine what turning a stove on in 98 degree weather can do for the mood!
Since I’m working with Sargento Cheese on a blogger/media campaign, I headed over to their site for some ideas. Sargento Cheese has a great selection of “no need to use the stove or oven” choices.
*WARNING* – do not look at this site if you are hungry… everything looks soo good and the cheesy goodness will make you want to eat your computer screen! – which as you know is a health hazard 😉
After drooling over the many many MANY options I settled on Chopped Greek Salad Wraps. No use of the stove needed at ALL!!! YEA!!
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 large plum tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup each: sliced pitted kalamata olives and chopped cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. each: olive oil and red wine vinegar
- 2 small fresh soft pita breads or flatbreads
- 2 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin Sliced Provolone Cheese
- 1 Toss lettuce, tomatoes, olives and cucumber with oil and vinegar.
- 2 Place cheese on pita; top with salad. Close with sandwich picks
- I added hummus to my pita for that extra taste.
Once we are settle into our new home… hopefully by Monday, I can’t wait to make this… Best Ever Potatoes Au Gratin! Potatoes and Cheese… two of my very favorites!
For more recipes go to SARGENTO.COM There are a ton of simple yummy treats to make for your family. And once the weather cools down, I am going to try my hand at some of those chicken dishes! YUM!
* I am a part of a Sargento Cheese Media Campaign and was compensated for this post by Sargento Foods Inc and The Motherhood. All yummy food opinions are my own *